Assistant General Counsel – Corporate Affairs & Assistant Secretary
Princeton Legal Search Group has been retained on an exclusive basis by Panasonic Corporation to lead the search for an experienced attorney for the role of Assistant General Counsel – Corporate Affairs & Assistant Secretary.
Do you have experience working closely with General Counsel and managing corporate governance affairs? Does the idea of working for a global industry leader excite you? This highly coveted in-house Assistant GC role will join an exceptional legal team and collaborate with C-Level executives and the Board of Directors, lead the function’s digitalization initiatives and drive corporate governance for all subsidiaries and entities in North America.
This position reports to the Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary.
Ability to operate both proactively and reactively with a sense of urgency & autonomy and will function as the primary liaison between the Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, executive team, Board of Directors, other internal and external organizations, vendors, consultants and other internal and external stakeholders with respect to Corporate Governance and Corporate Affairs.
Responsible for maintaining all required and recommended corporate filings, documents, reports and records according to applicable laws and regulations and best practices in North America and foreign branch offices. Prepare, file and maintain documents required in connection with internal and external audits, incorporations, LLC formations, internal divisional formations, and corporate and divisional mergers.
Responsible for shareholder relations, coordinating shareholder lists and registrations, and communicating with Board members and Officers. Research and respond to shareholder, director and officer requests for information.
Oversee and develop procedures set in place by the Shareholder/Board of Directors/Officers/executive team regarding corporate governance, following developments impacting corporate governance, and making recommendations to the Board on development of best practices.
Manage the convening of annual, regular and special Board of Director and Shareholder meetings and the setting and preparation of all necessary schedules, agendas and documents required for the meetings. Responsible for preparing minutes of meetings. Responsible for communications with stockholders and directors with regard to general corporate policies and meetings.
Manage and counsel with respect to corporate governance, corporate approval policies, corporate signature delegation policies and related formal approval procedures. Close coordination and communication and advice with/to parent company and subsidiaries on matters relating to Corporate Governance.
Responsible for ensuring digitization of the corporate legal function, including corporate documents and Safe contents. Manage official corporate notices, records and actions of the Shareholder, the Board of Directors and Officers and ensure compliance with statutory and internal reporting requirements. Manage the use and implementation of the company’s responsibilities in connection with the parent company’s global interactive governance system for the maintenance of corporate documents and information on a global basis.
Manage the registered agent and legal research resource relationships.
Education & Experience:
- Requires a law degree from an accredited law school.
- Admission to the NJ Bar or the ability to secure in house licensure pursuant to NJ Court Rule 1:27-2.
- Typically requires 10-15 years’ experience in corporate affairs or corporate governance in an in-house legal department
- Substantive knowledge of legal principles, strategies and technology and strong legal advisory skills.
- Prior or current experience working for a Japanese company a strong plus
- Ability to independently develop legal solutions for business issues.
- Accuracy & attention to detail in analyses and communications.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly including on complex legal issues, and ability to craft effective communications that emphasize key points.
- Attention to detail a must
- Must have a philosophy that aligns with the Core Values of Panasonic
- Leadership and management effectiveness with the knowledge and skills to select, coach, and develop others
- Strong team building abilities
- Capable of managing people and performance
- Focus on executing for results
- Familiar with conflict management strategies
- Ability to prioritize and plan, manage multiple tasks and projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Show initiative, drive and takes responsibility, be decisive and take action
- Ability to present and manage up to executive level audiences
- Possess strong process orientation and attention to detail, implements structure
- Communications: Key communications contacts (internal/external) and level of persuasion required
- Able to partner and effectively communicate with all levels of an organization and with third parties
- Ability to work with teams from other cultures
What Panasonic Offers:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Click on below link to submit resume: