Seton Hall Law School seeks to hire an Adjunct Professor of Legal Practice to teach a section in our innovative Introduction to Lawyering course. The Introduction to Lawyering course is a full-year six credit course. The course covers legal writing, legal research, client interviewing, client counseling, negotiation, oral argument, and professionalism. The course is taught by doctrinal and legal practice professors in a coordinated and collaborative manner. The faculty member will be responsible for the following:
* Teaching Introduction to Lawyering classes, either through in-person or remote class sessions.
* Teaching twice a week during weeks when classes are scheduled for the day program, or if teaching in the weekend program, during each weekend session when classes are scheduled.
* Meeting with students in individual and joint conferences to discuss writing assignments and interactive skills exercises.
* Providing students with detailed written feedback on writing assignments and interactive skills exercises.
* Attending Introduction to Lawyering faculty meetings to prepare for upcoming classes and activities.
* Teaching several sessions at the Introduction to Lawyering Day at law school orientation.
* Meeting with students outside of class time and conferences as needed to discuss assignments and other law school topics.
* Working with the Director and other Lawyering faculty to create and revise the class exercises.
* Other assignments consistent with the needs of the program.
Most weeks the person in this position will be expected to come to the law school at least two days a week to teach classes, meet with students and faculty and fulfill other responsibilities, and will require several additional work hours from home. However, some weeks will require a more substantial time commitment.
Qualifications: Seton Hall seeks individuals with stellar legal writing, interpersonal, and practice skills. Candidates must have 3-5 years of practice experience and excellent academic records. Teaching experience is preferred. Experience in higher education is a plus.
Salary is $15,000 per semester.
Forward resume, references and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org