Litchfield Cavo LLP is a premier insurance coverage and litigation defense law firm founded in 1998 on one principle—client service comes first. Our attorneys operate out of 22 offices, serving clients in more than 35 states nationwide. Collectively, we are a resource of experienced trial attorneys providing creative and responsive service.
Our New York City office is growing and actively seeking an Associate Attorney interested in growing their career among our team of staff and attorneys, who value and foster open and honest communication, and act with integrity and professionalism.
Litchfield Cavo offers a competitive compensation plan and an excellent benefits package in a dynamic work environment that provides substantial opportunities for professional development.
OPPORTUNITY | Associate Attorney
Litchfield Cavo seeks highly motivated, diligent associate attorneys with five to eight years defense litigation experience and an eagerness to succeed. Must be licensed to practice in New York courts. Additional state admissions, including New Jersey, preferred. Experienced associates will handle defense litigation matters involving construction defense litigation, general liability, and New York labor law (specifically).
SKILLS and ABILITIES
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with the following:
· proactively work independently and as part of a team;
· demonstrate strong legal research and analytical skills;
· excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· strong attention to detail with superb organization and prioritization skills;
· ability to move from case to case;
· knowledge of both state and federal court procedures; and,
· proficiency with MS Office including Excel, Outlook and navigating the internet
Experienced attorneys’ responsibilities include handling a caseload involving substantial litigation defense and may include a variety of practice areas such as construction defect, general liability, New York labor law, and possibly professional executive and D&O. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to do this job successfully under the direction of a partner:
· draft, prepare and handle pleadings, motions, orders and legal memoranda;
· draft and respond to written discovery and dispositive motions;
· conduct legal research competently and with proficiency;
· prepare and take depositions of parties and experts;
· review client documents, draft case evaluations and status report correspondence;
· review, assess and handle matters from inception to trial;
· assist with and participate in mediations and court appearances; and,
· interact directly with clients, claim professionals, opposing counsel, colleagues and staff.
To apply, please email your resume, writing sample and cover letter to Careers@litchfieldcavo.com
Our Firm provides an experienced support staff, current technology, ongoing training, and full-time IT and marketing departments.
Litchfield Cavo LLP supports and encourages workforce diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class in accordance with all applicable laws.
Job Type: Full-time