Parker McCay is seeking a mid-level attorney to join the corporate transactional department, a dynamic practice representing a wide range of businesses in exciting growth initiatives and complex transactions throughout New Jersey.
Position Summary: Working under general supervision, provides quality corporate and transactional legal services to clients that involve performing complex and specialized assignments and working collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment.
Essential Functions: Essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Represent clients in complex transactional matters including structuring, drafting and negotiating related documents. Ability to revise agreements, propose strategic language and negotiate with opposing counsel.
2. Represent and counsel clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions and related due to diligence and document preparation, business succession planning and corporate governance. Ability to identify salient issues and propose strategies to limit risk.
3. Assist clients in connection with the startup of new business ventures including the formation and structuring of partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations. Perform analysis and provide opinions dealing with highly complex issues that impact the client.
4. Represent and counsel clients in connection with wealth transfer/estate planning and draft related documents.
- 5+ years' experience in corporate, business and transactional law. The preferred candidate has a mid-to-large law firm experience with immediately transferrable skills.
- J.D. required and admission to the New Jersey Bar required.
- Financial background is pertinent to transactional finance a plus.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail. Strong drafting skills required.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with clients, staff, and attorneys, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to consistently generate new clients through individual and firm-wide networking and marketing efforts.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Commitment to maintaining a high level of proficiency in the most current and advanced legal techniques.
Scope: This job description describes the general nature of the job and does not represent that all duties will be performed by all individuals who hold the job. This job description does not limit the tasks that an employee may reasonably be requested to perform and in no way alters the Firm's at-will policy.
Parker McCay, P.A. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.