ATLAS COPCO NORTH AMERICA LLC
Atlas Copco North America LLC in Parsippany NJ is the holding company for the United States entities of Atlas Copco AB of Stockholm, Sweden. The Atlas Copco Group is a world leading provider of industrial productivity solutions, including compressed air and gas equipment, generators, industrial tools, assembly systems, vacuum solutions, and related aftermarket services and equipment rental.
Reporting to the Vice President and General Counsel, Atlas Copco North America LLC seeks a Corporate Counsel generalist for its industrial equipment businesses throughout North America to provide legal support and guidance related to anti-trust, bankruptcy, commercial and governmental contracts, corporate governance, cross-border transactions, cyber issues, distributor relations, employment, environmental, intellectual property, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, privacy, product liability, Uniform Commercial Code, and warranty matters.
- Exercise sound legal counsel and interpersonal interaction that assesses legal risk, primarily through Microsoft Teams during this pandemic, so operations can take informed business decisions.
- Draft, review, revise and negotiate terms and conditions on a broad range of commercial documents and contracts/agreements (e.g. sale, service, supply, purchase, distribution, lease, warranty, indemnification), ensuring that the writings appropriately address business and legal needs.
- Listen carefully, work cooperatively and establish strong relationships with diverse stakeholders and operating unit leaders committed to innovation.
- Manage the activities of outside counsel, ensuring the delivery of quality service at a cost that is reasonable and appropriate.
- Provide assistance on, and from time to time lead, in assigned projects affecting Atlas Copco North and South America as well as other Atlas Copco Group companies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an American Bar Association accredited institution
- Admitted to practice, and in continuous good standing, in at least one State, and able to qualify (if not already) for the in-house license in New Jersey
- § Twelve years legal background, eight years in-house at a corporate law department.
- Ability to travel by air, car or rail domestically and globally
- Spanish speaking capability is a plus.
- Be ethically goal oriented
- Interact cooperatively, timely and effectively with others
- Manage a diverse grouping of cases and projects
- Write and speak understandably and succinctly about complex matters
- Strong research skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Outlook and Sharepoint proficiency
- Prioritize tasks in a changing environment
- Take initiative and work independently
- Be committed to client productivity
- Influence and inspire others
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Work in a team environment
- Be results oriented
- Possess a sense of humor
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter, requirements and resume to Beth.Woods@atlascopco.com no later than Monday January 18, 2021.
Atlas Copco North America LLC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. Atlas Copco North America LLC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.