Work under general supervision by department supervisor and provide a wide variety of assignments for clients involving the representation of healthcare facilities and providers in a wide range of medical specialties including cardiology, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, emergency medicine, family medicine, anesthesia, dentistry, psychiatry, plastic surgery, nursing, and physical therapy.
Parker McCay provides competitive salaries and benefits to all staff including 100% paid single health insurance plus a portion of dependent costs, 401(k) match and profit sharing.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the below:
- Research and interpret facts and law dealing with intricate problems and situations involving litigation, including defense of complex injury actions.
- Perform analysis and make or suggest opinions that impact client.
- Research and prepare memoranda on a variety of legal issues.
- Draft correspondence in response to questions and/or requests for information from clients, attorneys, judges, officials and/or agencies.
- Draft and answer written discovery.
- Represent client in legal proceedings that may involve court appearances, administrative hearings, depositions and meetings.
- Prepare and enter daily time entries.
Requirements include, but are not limited to the below:
- Law degree from an accredited law school with admission to the New Jersey Bar. Additional Bar admissions are a plus, but not required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and to establish work priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with court officials, judges, attorneys and the general public, and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work within established systems and processes involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys, paralegals and office staff.
- Work to generate new clients through individual and firm-wide networking and marketing efforts.
- Comfortable meeting with clients and public speaking.
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Commitment to maintaining a high-level of proficiency in the most current and advanced legal techniques.
This job description describes the general nature of the job and does not represent that all duties will be performed by all individuals who hold the job. This job description does not limit the tasks that an employee may reasonably be requested to perform and in no way alters Parker McCay P.A.'s at-will policy.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the maintenance of an employment environment which is welcoming of persons from diverse backgrounds and free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, and in which all of the legal rights of our employees are recognized and protected. Unlawful discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, all other characteristics proscribed by law, and discrimination on the basis of gender identity and/or expression are strictly prohibited.