Parker McCay is now accepting applications for First Year Associates to join our firm in the Fall of 2022. New associates are assigned to a practice area and work under general supervision of senior attorneys in a collaborative and learning-focused environment. Associates will work out of our Mount Laurel office.
Parker McCay provides competitive salaries and benefits to all staff including 100% paid single health insurance plus a portion of dependent costs, 401(k) match and profit sharing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the below:
- Research and prepare memoranda on a variety of legal issues.
- Draft and answer written discovery.
- Draft correspondence in response to questions and/or requests for information from clients, attorneys, judges, officials and/or agencies.
- Research and interpret facts and law dealing with intricate problems and situations involving tort litigation, including defense of complex injury actions, and commercial litigation, including lender liability, business disputes, contract claims, trade secrets and other complex commercial transactions.
- Perform analysis and make or suggest opinions that impact client.
- Represent client in legal proceedings that may involve court appearances, administrative hearings, depositions and meetings.
- Prepare and enter daily time entries.
Requirements include, but are not limited to the below:
- New Jersey judicial clerkship required.
- Law degree from an accredited law school with strong academic credentials and admission to the New Jersey Bar. Additional Bar admissions are a plus, but not required.
- Drive, energy, leadership potential and high professional standards.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail. Strong drafting skills required.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and to establish work priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with clients, staff, court officials, judges, attorneys and the general public to maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work within established systems and processes involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys, paralegals and office staff.
- Commitment to maintaining a high-level of proficiency in the most current and advanced legal techniques.
This job description describes the general nature of the job and does not represent that all duties will be performed by all individuals who hold the job. This job description does not limit the tasks that an employee may reasonably be requested to perform and in no way alters Parker McCay P.A.'s at-will policy.
This organization is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the maintenance of an employment environment which is welcoming of persons from diverse backgrounds and free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, and in which all of the legal rights of our employees are recognized and protected. Unlawful discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, all other ch